Say Yes to Organic Food!
“Natural vs Artificial” “What is Healthy and what is not” Are organic foods healthier than conventional foods? Do they give you a longer life, help build better immunity, have more nutrients and antioxidants than other conventional foods? And looking at the broader picture is organically grown produce better for the environment.
Interestingly, recent studies show that "Millennials and younger members of Generation X tend to be the biggest users of organic foods, and much more likely than average to agree that they especially look for organic or natural foods when they shop”. With that being said, undoubtedly, Organic food/plants are grown in a healthier way, thus making it safer to consume. In addition, organic foods are less toxic & keep a greater amount of nutrients intact as compared to conventionally grown foods. However, it’s a healthy lifestyle and overall food choices that we make that matter the most
Without further ado, lets list 5 Top benefits of consuming Organic foods: -
1. Fewer Pesticides: Organic food don’t contain preservatives that make it last longer and/or residue traces of fungicides, herbicides, and insecticides that are used otherwise
2. Organic food is fresher: Organic produce is often produced on smaller farms near where it is sold. It is harvested when ripe and thus fresher and full of flavor. To shop for a full range of organic products in the UAE, visit www.ducem.ae
3. Good for the environment: Organic farming practices reduce pollution, conserve water, reduce soil erosion, increase soil fertility, and use less energy. They thus are environment friendly. Farming without pesticides is also better for nearby birds and animals as well as people who live close to farms
4. Organically raised animals are NOT given antibiotics, growth hormones, or fed animal byproducts: Feeding livestock animal byproducts increases the risk of mad cow disease (BSE) and the use of antibiotics can create antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria. Organically-raised animals are given more space to move around and access to the outdoors, which helps to keep them healthy
5. Organic meat and milk are richer in certain nutrients: Results of a recent European study shows that levels of certain nutrients, including omega-3 fatty acids, were up to 50 percent higher in organic meat and milk than in conventionally raised versions.
One common concern with organic food is the cost. Organic foods typically cost more than their conventional counterparts. Higher prices are due to more expensive farming practices. However, there is no doubt that organic foods are better than non-organic food products because of the vitamins and nutrients present in them. They definitely keep us healthy and active throughout our lives